fyi if you’re a tiny child, there was a time when browsers didn’t have tabs. you just had the one window and had to open a separate window for every other page you wanted open simultaneously. it was real bad
But that was okay because the internet wasn’t fast enough to load more than two pages at once anyway :P
In middle school, people made fun of me because I was overweight, had an ugly haircut, looked like a boy, had terrible acne, and I had zero self esteem. Some people made stinging, racist jokes and comments at me.
But here I am ten years later, and I can LITERALLY be their boss. Some of the same people who looked down on me back then are now the losers working lousy jobs and living paycheck to paycheck, while I am working at *the* largest protein protein production company in the world, in a well-salaried position. I have a 401k and everything. I mean, people actually report to me as their boss (still blows my mind). And I’m 22 years old.
The moral of the story is, don’t worry about the haters and just do your thing. It doesn’t matter as long as you don’t give up on yourself and work hard to reach the sky,
cause in the end, they’ll get theirs and you’ll get yours.
I’m going to be working in the cut up department, and apparently the hardest area in the entire plant to supervise because it is incredibly busy and important. I followed my boss (who will be training me) for about an hour on the floor today and I was just ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg the entire way. He told me that it was going to take like a year in order to fully learn the position.
But on the bright side, after learning this position, then anything else in the plant will seem easy to me. Also, I got unexpectedly paid for the week today (I have no idea why, because payday is Thursday).
1. Bought myself a pair of Red Wing boots for work the other day, and I am really excited to start wearing them and breaking them in. They’re my first pair of more expensive shoes (though still relatively cheap when there are $500 shoes out there..). So far they feel super comfortable and I love the way they look (really liking the tough, outdoorsman type footwear).
2. I may actually start real training for my job tomorrow. Today and yesterday were just sitting in a classroom and watching incredibly boring orientation videos. But tomorrow they said we would start our training, even though no one knows in which exact department I’ll be working in yet.
3. Went to Goodwill today and actually managed to find two pairs of $3 khakis (required for work) that fit me super well, and look better than the $25 ones I got from Old Navy.
4. GETTING MY FIRST REAL JOB PAYCHECK NEXT WEEK BABY
5. Tomorrow morning we find out whether or not the luxury apartment complex we applied for will let us lease there or not. I’m really hoping (assuming) that they will. The living is dirt cheap here you guys. A LARGE 2-bedroom luxury apartment (there is a community pool, sauna, tennis courts, gym, etc) is about $630, and they pay for water and garbage disposal.
So yeah. I’m pretty excited.
Spends the entire time watching HSN.
Apparently they just put two naked strangers on an island together and make them survive for X amount of days. Surprisingly not that great of a tv show, but man would it make for a great porno.